Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Piano Festival


Mary has been taking piano from Rebecca Shapiro for a little over a year. Not only is Rebecca a great friend but she's also an excellent piano teacher. I'm so thankful that both Tyce and Mary have taken lessons from her.

For the festival Mary played "Silly Sandpiper," a jaunty little piece reminiscent of the bird. She also played "Computer Talk" which showcased staccattos and dynamics.

We waited in the hallway at UNLV for about 30 minutes; 15 because we were early and 15 because they were running behind. That gave Mary plenty of time to get nervous and antsy.

But when her name was called to perform, I couldn't tell she had butterflies at all. She did very well. Afterward I complimented her on her confidence and she said, "My heart was beating out of my chest." She hid it well!

And she got a Superior rating at the end of the day.

I'm really proud of Mary for working hard and doing her best. Good job, Mare!


3 comments:

Emmy said...

Awesome job Mary! Things like that always made me totally nervous too.

The Hardy's said...

Way to go Mary. I'd love to have you play for me sometime :)

Anonymous said...

Great job Mary! I know how you feel! I used to ALWAYS get nervous before a piano recital!!!