Monday, November 3, 2008

Overheard

On the road with a van full of youth, on the way to a choir practice

#1: Hey [#2], I noticed I didn't see your sister at church today. Is she okay?

#2: Yeah, she went with our mom and dad to their classes today.

#1: Really? Was she upset with somebody?

#2: Yeah, she and of of the young women got in a fight before chuch and they both got grounded.

Tyce: (eyes her suspiciously) Did she get in a fight with YOU, by chance?

#2: Ye--I mean, I am not in justice to discuss this matter.

Tyce: I think you mean, you are not "at liberty" to discuss this matter.

#2: Whatever.

***


At night, telling the boys a bedtime story

Harrison: Make sure you tell it where we're knights and we get cupcakes at the end.

Me: Okay. Once there were two brave knights who went trick-or-treating. They went to the first spooky house and said, "Trick or treat!" and they both got two candies each. Then they went to the next house . . ."

Harrison: Don't forget the cupcakes!

Me: I won't, don't worry.

Cameron: I have contraband.

Me: What?

Cameron: Contraband. I'm going to play this straw in the contraband. Hoo hoo!

Me: Okay . . .

Cameron: Mom, why aren't you telling the story? Get it away.

Me: What?

Cameron: (grandly gestures) Get it away, Mom!

I finally figured out that was this is his attempt to say "Take it away."

***

Watching the Noggin show "Miss Spider" with the twins; Miss Spider adopted several different types of bugs and in this episode, one of them wants her mom to show her the tree where she was born.

Me: Harrison, you were adopted too!

Harrison: Like that little beetle?

Me: That's right.

Harrison: What tree did you find me under?

3 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

Kids say the darndest things... Love the story with the twins asking what tree you found them under!!

Betsy Fowler said...

I love this post. :)

Rachel McEwen said...

that is so cute!!