Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hello, Mr. President


What did you think of tonight's election results? My support and prayers are behind our future 44th president. Feeling patriotic and hopeful, we watched Barack Obama's acceptance speech tonight. I thought he did a great job.

Mary: So if Obama is the next president, where did the old president go?

Me: Well, he doesn't start until January. That gives the old president--George W. Bush--time to finish up and the upcoming president--that's Barack Obama--time to get ready. I mean, he couldn't really start this very second, right?

Mary: Yeah, that makes sense. He wouldn't even know where his desk was!

Me: Right, and he has to move all of his stuff into the White House.

Mary: Move in? Does the White House have bathrooms?

Me: Yes, and living rooms, bedrooms, a kitchen . . .

Mary: Oooh, I hope I grow up to marry the president of the United States--or become president myself. That would be awesome! Well, actually, I wouldn't want to be the president because I wouldn't want people coming into my house and complaining at me all the time.

Me: That's why it takes a special person to do the job.

Mary: I hope his children aren't troublesome. That would be terrible if they terrorized the White House!

Me: Would you terrorize the White House if you were there?

Mary: I would try not to, but probably, yeah.

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

mary always cracks me up. love her!

Mopsie said...

Awesome Mary. You're so honest. Love you!