Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Where's the laugh track when I need it

Lately I've been daydreaming as I fill up my water cup from the fridge. The water comes out pretty slow, so my thoughts are a lot like this:

Hmmmm, what activity should I do with the twins next . . . we've done trains, so maybe we'll jump on the trampoline . . . they'll be ready for lunch after that . . . I think I'll make turkey sandwiches again today. I wish Mary ate more protein . . . turkey is good for you and that stuff I got on sale was a good deal . . . I wonder if she'll get her room clean today, that place is a biohazard . . . Do I have enough time to go to the store before Tyce comes home . . . wait, does he have Scouts this afternoon? Yes, so he'll be riding the bus . . . I hope that Young Women tonight goes well . . . and

HOLY COW, THE WATER IS OVERFLOWING THE CUP AND SPILLING EVERYWHERE.

Seriously, I feel like I'm on a bad sitcom when I do that. I might as well start spitting my water across the table when I hear troubling news.

1 comment:

Kimpromptu said...

It seems your laugh track hasn't checked the blog lately. I'm literally laughing - not at YOU....but more in relief that I'm not alone.