Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our camping trip--The Beach

The San Onofre beach. My dad says that this one is mentioned in the Beach Boys song "Surfin' USA" and I can see why. The only beach-goers were our family and cool dudes with boards. It was gorgeous.

Even though I don't like sand, or getting wet and then sandy, or saltwater, or getting sunburned--okay, I really don't like the beach--I definitely appreciate the idea of a beautiful and relaxing getaway and wouldn't want to deny others the opportunity to enjoy. However, I discovered that half of our family are beach lovers (Bryce, Mary, Harrison) and half are beach-from-afar appreciators (Me, Tyce, Cameron). So I guess I'm not alone.

Tyce with a cool find.

Mary loved everything--the water, the sand, and especially collecting things.

Harrison loved everything too. Despite his sometimes-crankiness, he is very adventurous and curious.

Cam was afraid of the waves and preferred digging the sand and tide pools. Unfortunately his shorts didn't have the drawstring in them anymore, so he spent lot of time pulling his clothes back on!

No comments: