Friday, February 29, 2008

Backyard Tour

Come take a tour of our new backyard!

Before

After



View from the Living Room window. I love to look out and see something green instead of just a brick wall.



The playground--our landscaper put this together--what a job! The kids seem to really like the tire swing. It spins incredibly fast, especially if you have two people on it.



The grass and trees as seen from the LR window. This is in the center of the yard. I really love the triple queen palms (the tall ones). There are some beautiful plants in this bed, including blue hibiscus, rosemary, and lantana.



The trampoline. It is by far the least attractive and most popular part of the backyard. The ground cover is decomposed granite, a popular material here in the desert (at this point it looks and feels like dirt). We certainly didn't want to pay for grass over here because it would be impossible to keep alive. One day when we don't have the trampoline anymore I'd like to build a little terrazzo area and put a patio table and umbrella there. Or, as my landscaper suggested, a hot tub. (Not likely.)



Mexican palm.



Sago palm.



Cape Honeysuckle. We also have jasmine, which I am looking forward to enjoying. I can't seem to get anything done inside these days. I just love to jump with the kids and play around and enjoy being outside in this gorgeous spring weather.

3 comments:

brooklyn said...

I bet the kids are wondering when someone is going to pinch them and they'll wake up. It's the total dream backyard! I'm seriously envious. (I'm happy living in a tiny shoebox; it's the lack of yard that is killing me!)

so much congratulations! it's so great and commendable that you are enjoying it as much as the kids-keep jumping! the dishwasher will always be there, but your youth won't! (ask my mom's bladder).

Mopsie said...

It looks awesome. Happy for you all. Hooray!

Kimpromptu said...

Beautiful! Makes me want to be a kid again.

Be careful of the lantana - it is quite toxic if it is ingested. :-)