Saturday, January 26, 2008

Two good surprises

I got two pleasant pieces of mail yesterday (which is something I'm not likely to say again any time soon, right?). Bills, ads, and the occasional catalog is all that we ever get. Well, here are the two good things:

1) My new contract for Sesame Street came with a $50 raise!!! Woo hoo!!! It's nice to get paid for something I like to do.

2) We got a brochure from Casa de Esperanza, the organization we worked for in Houston. It was a foster parent recruitment tract and there were two pictures, one of a cute little girl and one of . . . our twins Cameron and Harrison!!! The person who compiled the brouchure now works in the office but used to be a house parent. Guess who two of her favorite little boys were?

So those are the two good surprises. Hooray!

4 comments:

Mopsie said...

Congrats on the raise! And how cool that C&H are models. Did you show it to them? Do they recognize themselves? So cute, oh yeah!

Mopsie said...

I looked at the brochure in the Casa link, but did not find the boys' picture. Where is it?

Rebecca and Co. said...

The actual brochure isn't on the Casa website. I just linked to the most recent newsletter because I thought you might be interested in what's going on there. I'll definitely have to show it to you when you come visit!

Mopsie said...

I figured that out after I posted. Duh! I'm looking forward to seeing it.