Saturday, January 5, 2008

It's Great to be 8

Can you believe that my baby girl is 8 years old today!!??



These lyrics from the movie "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" remind me so much of my Mary:


Here I am - this is me
I come into this world so wild and free
Here I am - so young and strong
Right here in the place where I belong

It's a new world - it's a new start
It's alive with the beating of young hearts
It's a new day - in a new land
And it's waiting for me
Here I am

I can't think of that movie without thinking about my wild little horse of a daughter.

We had a low-key day. Sara came over to play and give her gift (play make up and a sparkly purse), and then I took M. to Subway while the men ran to Costco. (I'm going to be really happy to have a printer again.) Then we had cake and presents, which is the highlight of any birthday person's day. She got a variety of things, from horses to changing-colors nail polish, books to games, and oh . . . money! She was excited about everything.

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

happy birthday mary - we love you!!!

-d (and fam)

Mopsie said...

It is hard to believe that she's 8. I remember her when she was <1, and so little! Feisty then, too. We're glad she had a fun birthday. It was fun to talk to her on the phone, too. We love you, M.R.!