Sunday, January 6, 2008

A new stage

This was written a few weeks ago:

As you know, I am the Primary secretary and the activities co-chair. When I turned in receipts yesterday, one of the counselors hinted that Bryce would be released from the WAC pretty soon (which means I'd be released too, something that neither of us will cry over). I wondered what his new calling would be, since he (the counselor) said it would happen before the first week of January. Bryce was home with the twins that day.

Later that day the Bishop called me into his office. For some reason I thought our visit had something to do with Bryce's new calling. Obviously I had no idea what he was going to say, because I was shocked to hear, "Sister Jones, we have a new calling for you . . ."

******

Today I was sustained as the Young Women's president in my ward, which means that I am in charge of the program for the 12-18 year old girls. I picked a really awesome presidency, which makes this huge change so much easier. Today was ward conference, so in addition to figuring out what I'm doing, I got to do it with stake leaders watching. LOL

Yesterday I was just sick with worry and feelings of inadequacy. I cried, "I'm not a good leader!" into my pillow. But you know a funny thing happened. Today I felt blessed to be *more* than I normally am, better somehow. I know I was getting divine help. For at least my time in Young Women, I'm confident that I will be able to do the job I've been asked to do.

1 comment:

brooklyn said...

I'm positive you'll be fantastic!!! Bryce, too! Both seem very fitting.