Friday, December 14, 2007

Tyce's Winter Concert

You'll have to trust me that Tyce looked cool with his horn, because I couldn't get a good picture. It was in the gym and there were all 3 bands (beginning, concert, and symphonic). Do you like the mural in the background?


The beginning band played a holiday medley and version of Beethoven's 9th Symphony. I was pretty surprised at how good they sounded, especially because I had worked with the French horn section a few weeks ago and they were . . . hmmmm, how to say this nicely . . . positively horrible. LOL I worked for a whole hour with those kids trying to get them to play the right notes. Just when it looked like each person knew how to hit F, for example, we'd play it together and we sounded like a horn on a mack truck.

This applied to everyone but Tyce. He is very good and can hit the notes without a problem. He did what I asked and then sat there kind of bored while I worked with the other kids.

Anyway, the concert was great and the twins were so . . . well-behaved. I know you're waiting for the punch line, right? Seriously, they were great. This is the second time I've been pleasantly surprised when I've taken them out that they were so good (the first was the ward party).

After the concert we went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate. I was so proud of Tyce for his hard work and his good attitude leading up to the concert. It was awesome to see him perform.

1 comment:

brooklyn said...

yeah for tyce! yeah for the twins!

what fun for you to be a part of something you love.