Saturday, October 13, 2007

Super Saturday

I went to our RS Super Saturday this morning and did three things: some beaded earrings, a tile with a saying, and a toll-painted pumpkin. The whole morning left me feeling like a 10-year-old, wondering why my juvenile attempts at crafting weren't producing better results. I'm just not very skilled in that area, and what was I thinking when I signed up to toll paint something? I showed my pumpkin project to the family (a toll-painted can with a "cute" face) and they laughed. Not in the nice, "wow, that is so CUTE!" way but more in the "holy cow, that is one weird-looking pumpkin" way. I'm not blaming them, because it is truly hideous. It is in the garage. I think it might stay there.

Later we went to the BYU v. UNLV game, as mentioned in my previous post. There were a LOT of Cougar fans there, perhaps outnumbering Rebels. I have to give the local LDS non-Cougars props for their clever red t-shirts that had a CTR shield emblazoned with the words "Choose the Rebels". Tyce and Mary Rachel came with us, as well as Grandpa Al, while the twins stayed with a new babysitter named Brooke.

(I called home at 9:30 and Brooke said the boys were still awake, after trying to get them to sleep for a really long time. She looked pretty happy when we came home. I don't know if she'll agree to sit for us again.)

The Cougars won 24-14, so there was a festive mood throughout the section we sat in (which included the Shapiros and their extended family). Tyce knows how to do one of those very loud whistles now and employed his talent during the game.

Bryce, Tyce, and I are giving talks tomorrow, our first in the Palo Verde ward. I never mentioned listening to General Conference, but I really enjoyed the Sunday sessions. (I was out with Mary during the Saturday ones.) My talk tomorrow will be based on Pres. Eyring's talk called "O Remember, Remember"--he wrote daily how the hand of God had blessed his or his children's lives.

Well, I've played around enough and now it's time to get to work.

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

fun weekend! maybe some day we can hit a football game with you. you guys make it sound so fun!

Mopsie said...

Love the pictures. I know what you mean about crafts, although the ones at RS usually turn out okay. We had ours last Friday, and I really wasn't interested in anything. But, I did take one class: making a family tree out of names. I'll show you later; it was kind of cool.
Hooray for family!