Sunday, October 21, 2007

What we've been up to


Last night was our first ward activity since being called as the chairpeople . . . and, lucky for us, we just helped out. The Scouts were really in charge. It was a soup dinner and cake auction. We got a babysitter for the twins and--I don't care if this sounds bad--I'm glad we did. Since we had to set up and take down, coupled with the fact that the main event was SOUP, we felt the little ones would render us incapable of doing anything but sprint around the building calling, "Has anyone seen a little boy about this high? Possibly dripping with chicken noodle?" Well, the activity was fun and the highest bid was $130 for a hot-dog-and-french-fries cake that was really cool.

3 comments:

Vigoren Family said...

Weird. I was just sustained as the Ward Activity Chairperson on Sunday. That makes me, you, and Brooklyn all in the same position. We must exude party-animalness!

Rebecca and Co. said...

Are you still the Primary secretary, Kellie? As far was the WAC, I've found a yahoo group to be a great source of information: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LDS-activities/
I am stressed about planning the Christmas party but we have an ad hoc committee and I think the activity, while low-key, will be just fine (dinner and program).

Vigoren Family said...

Nope. I just got released from the Primary on Sunday. Great time of year to be thrown into the pot, huh? I'm going to miss the little kids! Thanks for the great reference. I'll sign up.