Sunday, October 28, 2007

A low-ball offer

We got an offer on the old house but is was inconsiderably low. ($45,000 less than our asking price . . . hello. That's a big difference.) Bryce and our realtor, Leslie, say it's just part of playing the game and I do agree, though I'm still offended (!). We countered but the deal fell flat.

Hey . . .

Do YOU want to buy a lovely 3 bed, 2 bath home in sunny Henderson, Nevada? (or do you know someone who does?) Take a look . . .

Today I went to ward council, where I discovered that the RS is doing an adult-only Christmas dinner-and-a-program party the night before our family Christmas dinner-and-a-program party. Bluh. Thanks for stealing our super way-original idea. Oh, and for planning it the night before ours. Bryce thought that maybe doing a Sunday night fireside in the chapel and desserts after might be a good Plan B. It seems that I remember having something like that in Kingwood, a musical Christmas fireside. But was that the actual ward party?

I handed out 72 cookies in Primary today for "cookie Sunday." I was in charge of making them. In case you didn't know, I really, really dislike baking cookies. I wasn't going to babysit the oven for a couple of hours, so I picked up some "gourmet" chocolate chip cookies at Costco. I think spending $18 was worth it. The cookies were really good, and get this: when I was looking at the ingredients label later, I noticed the 2nd and 3rd ingredients in the chips were chocolate liquor and hydrolized chocolate liquor. Wooooooo! Bottoms up, kids.

3 comments:

Betsy Fowler said...

Hey I've got an idea....I'll give you two peanut butter sandwiches and you hand over your house?

Stand firm Joneses!

brooklyn said...

I'll take it in a heartbeat...just bring it on over to the bay. You could get over a million for it--quickly.

Rebecca and Co. said...

Thanks Besty, we are standing firm (for now). If you're interested in buying our house, we'll cut you a sweet deal. As long as you throw in 2 peanut butter sandwiches.

Brookie, I would *love* to move that house to northern California! I'd be happy to accept a million dollars for it. LOL