Sunday, September 16, 2007

We never saw it coming

Bryce got a call today from the Bishop, asking him to meet about 20 minutes before church. Obviously, he was getting a calling, a job in the ward. Would it be in Young Men? Primary? The 11-year-old Scouts (the one he really wanted)?

Brother Callister sat us down. After some small talk he got down to business. Bryce's new calling in the ward is . . .


. . . Activities Committee Chairperson!!!!


The shock has not worn off. Luckily for him, I was also called to the activities commitee its sole member. If you have any fun ward activities you've done, please let us know. I think Bryce is still trying to pick his jaw up off the floor. He's very good at vacation planning, so maybe he can transfer that talent into a ward activity, eh?

He's most depressed about having to attend HP each week now. That may be the biggest adjustment of all.

I was called as the Primary secretary and I am learning the ropes. The last time I had a Sunday Primary calling was 12 years ago! I love the kids and I love the people I serve with already.

******

Guess who's here. That's right, my brother and his awesome family! I love having them here. Mary Rachel engaged David in a boisterous game of Sorry and was one space away from winning. Now she's being a second mommy to her almost-3-year-old cousin Cambria and both seem to be happy with the arrangement.

I'm off to prepare dinner for when Betsy comes over. More later.

1 comment:

Betsy Fowler said...

Thanks for having me to dinner. Love the house, and the mango salsa was to die for... My roommie was excited for the recipe. We're planning on making it soon.

Great to see Brooklyn, Dave and the girls as well. Yeay!!!