Saturday, September 1, 2007

We finally celebrated our anniversary . . .

. . . by going to the Bombay House in Provo! There is no better food in the world. Period. I'll bet people from Mumbai visit the Bombay House in Utah County and say to themselves, Heck, how come we don't have anything this good back home?

So yes, we went to Utah this weekend to celebrate BYU's first football game of the season. Bryce, Tyce, and Grandpa Al went to the game and were very happy that they emerged victorious (20-7). Apparently the team and the fans were fully invested. Go Cougars!

I went to buy a piano in St. George on our way to West Jordan but I chickened out. I looked at everything I could afford and I wasn't in love with anything. Oh, you should see the one I do love! It is gorgeous. It is nearly $20,000. Yeah. So, dejected but confident, I left. Bryce said that was very mature of me. I think that is code for, "Phew, I'm glad you didn't blow a couple grand on something you don't like and we can't really afford."

Tomorrow is the twins' birthday party! And guess what . . . we bought a new camera. Woop woop!

3 comments:

Dad77345 said...

A new camera seems more practical than a $20k piano, so I applaud your choice to save $18,700 on your shopping trip.

We actually got the BYU game on one of the ESPN channels for a change. Impressive win. Go Cougars!

Happy Birthday to Cam and Harrison. Wish we could be there to clebrate with you. Take lots of pictures with your new camera.

brooklyn said...

amen! bombay is the best. (although there is at least one indian place here that is at least it's equal). i wonder what "heck" translates to in hindi.

hope the twins have a festive and fun birthday!

Rebecca and Co. said...

Dad, you're right about the savings. I guess that means I have $18,700 to spend on my next trip!

I listened to the game on the radio on my way up to Provo (met B. there). The free t-shirt they gave away had the phrase "fully invested" on it (a catchphrase of the coach). I guess it worked.

The boys had a nice party and I'll post pictures as soon as I figure out how. :)

Brooke, the Hindi word for "heck" is "chicken." j/k (but did you know that chicken in hindi is chicken? And lamb is lamb? I just looked it up).