Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Eight things

1. Our next book club book is "A Tale of Two Cities" by Dickens. Carmen Pendleton came to our last meeting ("The Little Prince") and I was so happy to have her there. (Carmen was one of my BEST roommates at BYU.) Great discussion, great friends, and great snacks. Now you know why I like book club so much.

2. I've been working out. Walking, going to the gym. It's been great. Tell me to keep it up. I need all the encouragement I can get.

3. "Guess who has the chicken pox?" (said in a Cameron sing-song voice). It looks like Mary does. She's been vaccinated so if she does it will be a less-severe case. I'm taking her to the doctor today. Last time I kept her home for a cold and she caused so many problems with the twins, I really, really regretted it.

4. Tyce is first chair in band (so far). He's loving band. His school's open house is tonight.

5. The twins got a new trike and a new scooter, thanks to birthday money from Mopsie & Grandpa, Great-Grandma Mary and Bill, and Great-Aunt Lynn and Uncle Bob. They felt like hot stuff. Right after buying the ride-ons we had to go straight to the park to try them out. I thought they'd hyperventilate before we arrived, they were so excited.

6. I decided to keep the twins at home for another year rather than send them to preschool. Yes, in part because Harrison didn't get in, but mostly because they have a long, long time to go to school and a short time to just be kids. This is the wisdom that comes from having pushed two older kids pretty hard. I'm enjoying having them around when we run errands, and it's fun to take them to the park or to play with friends. There will be plenty of time to go to school . . . later.

7. I have a Sesame newsletter due this Wed. and the topic is safety. Bluh. I did that one last year, and since I had to switch with someone due to scheduling conflicts, I inherited his topic. Maybe I should let my kids play in the street this afternoon to illustrate a what-not-to-do anecdote.

8. That's about all that's going on. I'm waiting for the doctor's office to open to make the appt. for my girl. Must go clean up the chewed-up ham somebody spit onto the floor.

1 comment:

Mopsie said...

Keep it up! Seriously, I'm impressed. You go, girl.