Friday, April 6, 2007

"There's a banana peel in your pipe" and other things you don't want to hear

Today Harrison flushed something down the toilet. Luckily I retrieved a plastic dinosaur before it got sucked in, but some toy made it down there before that. This all happened before Mary woke up (still spring break, you know) and I didn't get a chance to redirect her to my bathroom when she finally did. Whoops.




The plumber came out to fix the problem, and I was pleased to see it was a different guy than last time. (Yes, this also happened a few months ago). The last guy was an old man who ripped my linoleum taking the commode out and scolded me for letting my child flush a toy stop sign down the toilet. This new guy was a lot friendlier. I was dying to know which toy clogged the system this time, so I asked him, and guess what . . . he said there wasn't any toy. Or toothbrush. Or pen. In fact, he was so baffled by not finding anything there that he looked in the pipes (or maybe they always do that). You know what he found? You guessed it, a banana peel. I'm pretty sure that wasn't from today. I saw it, and it did not look fresh.





Then Mary said, "Mom, you have to see what happened when the babysitter was here." She showed me where Cameron had used marker all over the screen door to the backyard. It is green and squiggly. I think the kids are trying to sabotage our efforts to sell this house.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your days are never dull, eh? Maybe you could cage them up for a few months. It's nice in the yard, right? Hopefully, someone with children will want your house.
Hang in there!
Love, Mopsie