Wednesday, March 21, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

When St. Patrick's Day falls on a Saturday . . . well, you just have to trust me that it happened and that I did stuff. I had no idea where my camera was when I made green smoothies for breakfast or gave the kids light-up shamrock necklaces. Whee! Nothing makes a Saturday full of chores more fun than a flashing plastic bling.

Later that night we hosted the JV volleyball team dinner. Eleven boys came and ate: 10 pizzas, a crockpot of nacho cheese, two bags of tortilla chips, a vegetable tray, four dozen cookies, two pounds of strawberries, and a case of water. I said the word "Kool-Aid" and everyone started laughing. Apparently I stepped right into an inside joke. When it looked like the boys were still hungry Tyce raided our food storage closet and brought out Rice Krispy treats, packaged brownies, and Fruit by the Foot. After fueling up Bryce drove the boys to the church building to play basketball. Bryce and Tyce said the boys all had a great time.




The other kids and I stayed upstairs and watched movies on the AeroBed. They got to eat crazy snacks and stay up late. Lucky kids. That seems right because we're all Irish one day a year, hm? Hope you had a lucky day and that you stayed clear of those pesky leprechauns!



No comments: