Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bryce's New Project

People who never even say hello have complimented him on his fine new beard.


For Mormon men it's a symbol of liberation, a sign of release from their former positions in the church that required clean-cut respectability. First comes the facial hair, and next thing you know they're sporting colored shirts to sacrament meeting. You know it's true.

(Though I can't imagine Bryce ever wearing anything to church but white.)

Bryce worked and waited many weeks to let his beard fill in. Did you know that he actually has some navy blue whiskers amongst the red, brown, and blonde? That's pirate-worthy coloring for sure.

I think he looks very handsome and I like his new look. But not everyone feels that way; a girl at church named Jaden came up to him and said disapprovingly, "What are you, an Irishman or something?" You've got to love kids who say what they really think!

But amongst his peers he's gotten nothing but respect for his new look. I love that he's happy and I hope he keeps it for a while.





3 comments:

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

I like it. It makes him look younger but adds distinction at the same time.

Anonymous said...

I thought the blue was just his BYU "True Blue" showing through! I think he looks great!
Heather

Anonymous said...

WHOA! I didn't know it was possible! I like it too. You rebel!
Betsie