1. Tyce made the freshman volleyball team! Woo hoo!
2. The kids didn't have school yesterday. I took the three younger kids to see the movie Gnomeo and Juliet. This movie will be up your alley if you: a) think garden gnomes are cool, b) like Elton John's 70s rock, c) appreciate really, really lame jokes such as, "I'm not illiterate . . . my parents were married!" and "Who's your gnomie?", d) believe that British accents can redeem even the most stagnant of characters, e) have absolutely no knowledge of Shakespeare's original version of the tragedy. If any of these apply to you, then this movie is for you! (This does not apply to children, who like everything.)
3. Our dog is just the cutest and sweetest thing ever. She is mild-mannered and doesn't bark. She doesn't jump up on people or eat stuff off of the floor. She is well house-trained and understands basic commands. How did we get such an easy-going dog?
4. The missionaries came over for one last dinner at our house before Elder Flowers gets transferred today. He and Tyce were quite close, since they not only had compatible personalities but Elder Flowers is also biracial and from Houston. They formed a bond that I hope will be able to continue after the mission. I know Tyce really looked up to him.
5. This list is short, sweet, and a bit on the boring side. haha. Sorry about that. In real life I have a million things to say but sometimes I sit down to write and it seems like nothing is going on. But I have kindergarteners plus a friend about to walk in the door any minute, so I'm going to go for now. As Tigger would say, TTFN (ta-ta for now).