If you've read my blog for a long time you know that SUMMER is my hardest time for me to write.
So this will be short and sweet with the promise of pictures to come.
1. We saw Toy Story 3 for Bryce's Father's Day outing on Saturday . . . oh my word. I loved it.
2. Tyce gave a talk in church yesterday about Scout camp and I think he did a great job!
3. Mary is home for track break. She'll go back in a few weeks and then be done for the year in August. Next year all the schools are moving to 9-month, which is good . . . and not-so-good. Overall I am looking forward to it.
4. We've been transitioning the boys to putting themselves to bed, meaning that we're trying to avoid lying with them at night until they fall asleep. So far--it has not gone well. Their room is trashed and they party in the closet until we go to bed. I always thought, "Well, they're not going to be in 3rd grade and still demand that we lay with them at night!" But then I thought . . . "Yeah, they actually might."
5. Father's Day was nice--I am blessed to have great fathers in my life. My dad, my father-in-law, and my husband are awesome.
6. Should I take everyone to the pool today?
7. The boys were wild beasts at church yesterday. Mary got complimented several times for being a good big sister, since she had one while I had the other in time out. Thank goodness she was of a mind to help and not make the problem worse (although I don't doubt there was some of that, since I personally witnessed her grabbing a book out of Harrison's hands she thought he shouldn't have). It was probably the boys' worst behavior ever. For example, while I was gone Cam raced up and down the long row and shouted, "Hi Dad" several times. Tyce and Bryce were both on the stand and I had Harrison on a chair in a classroom for saying, "You can't make me," and "You're crazy." Both of those comments were to ME. You know what I need? A tranquilizer dart. And a bar of soap.
8. Well, I have to get started on the day. A few errands and then it's chore time for all.
9. (And how are you?)