Thursday, December 10, 2009

Young Women in Excellence



It was wonderful. One of our Young Women, Brooke, was in charge. I think she did a really great job, and equally (if not more) importantly, she felt that it went well. I know from experience that pulling off this kind of activity is quite the feat--how awesome that she has experience at 15 doing something that can still induce a panic attack in me (and I'm 20 years older). Now she has a project done in her Personal Progress book and she's one step closer in earning her medallion. I'm so proud of her, and grateful to Cindy for mentoring her. The theme was "My Faith in Jesus Christ Leads Me to the Temple."

I realized I haven't written about Young Women in a while but I just love them so much. They are all so different and so very special. I have loved getting to know them these past two years and seeing them grow, both physically and spiritually. Being a leader of youth is a privilege because there are very few places to serve where both the sacrifices and rewards are so great. I have given my heart to every one of them, and yet my heart has grown in doing so.

I wouldn't be able to function if I didn't have such wonderful leaders around me. I truly love those ladies--Libbie, Aranne, Rachel, Shela, Jolene, and Cindy. They are great examples and great friends.

No comments: