Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Waiting

I'm waiting for the camera to obey me. I want my pictures out. I go through the routine but, like a stubborn child, the camera pretends not to hear me. Maybe I should say the word "candy."

Bryce is finished with his September deadline. He worked long and hard, including weekends. But you know what? He is a rock star. Don't let his conservative appearance fool you.

This weekend Bryce and the big kids are going to Utah for Conference weekend. That leaves the twins and me here alone. We might go to the children's museum. We might go to the park. We might go insane.

Just kidding. (Kind of.)

Cameron and Harrison are enjoying preschool, I think. They always look happy when I pick them up. It seems like they are making friends. I am concerned about Cameron's fine motor skills, as usual. He will start occupational therapy next month to help with that.

Miss Mary is adjusting to her new track and teachers. I had no idea that switching to Mrs. Cropp would mean switching from one teacher to a team of teachers. That's a big adjustment for someone like Mare but she seems to be working it out. They are studying the 50 states in social studies and are starting division in math. They read "Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing" by Judy Blume and just finished another book called "School Mouse" by Dick King-Smith. Sara is in her class, so I can't imagine what sort of antics are going on when the teachers aren't watching.

Tyce is growing like a weed. From 1st to 5th grades, he stayed nearly the same size. I hardly ever had to buy new clothes or shoes--seriously. He just wore the same things until they wore out. But suddenly he has huge hands, huge feet, and his new pants are high waters. It won't be long before he's taller than I am. It really doesn't seem that long ago that he was a toddler . . . I guess that's what people mean when they say that kids grow up fast.

That's about all for now.

I am going through an identity crisis of minor proportions. I would really like to go back to school or get a part-time job . . . but I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

7 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Join in me in my secret rock star career--Rebecca ZeeJay with special guest star Brycily Cyrus.

The Hardy's said...

Anything you do you'd be great at.

Hope the fam has fun this weekend. Are they going up for the BYU game?

Emmy said...

Yes, I have thought about if I will go back to work someday when my kids are bigger... and yeah, I don't think so.

But I do think I will take photography classes and start a part time business!

Rebecca and Co. said...

Bryce, you're crazy. You need to say "This is Bryce" when you post under my profile. Or, Brycily Cyrus.

Rebecca and Co. said...

Plausible deniability...

Mopsie said...

Wow, I miss being part of the circus that is your life. Journal it and blog it, because you'll look back when you're "old" (last kid out of the house) and remember and love it. (I know, you'll remember it anyway, but the rest of us may not.)
Brycily, Rock ON! (whoever created you)

JanuskieZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.