Monday, September 21, 2009

Facebook is sucking the life out of my blog

If you're a blogger, do you feel that way? That writing "Went to the movies with Jojo!" is so much easier than writing a whole paragraph about how you know Jojo, the thought process involved in picking the movie, the weird or annoying people you invariably saw, if you got snacks, and the plot of the movie (without giving it away, of course), and  . . . . wait, what was I saying?

Right.

Anyway.

Here is my facebook-styled update for today: "Had a great weekend with my parents and brother's family!"

But there's a lot more to it than that, which I do plan on writing about. I have good pictures (I hope) on Bryce's camera. Paragraphs and paragraphs to come, don't you worry.

I limit myself to one facebook update a day--at most--but here is what I would say if I were "one of those people" who keep you up-to-the-minute on their days (and who you probably have on "Hide"):

"Love my cute little nieces!"


"Made homemade spaghetti sauce today."


"It's so windy that I took two Sudafed to deal with allergy-related congestion."


"Let the kids watch 'Land Before Time II' while I checked my email."


"Need to get in the shower before picking kids up at preschool."

Look at me, bloggity blog blog.

Take that, facebook.

5 comments:

Emmy said...

I first started a blog and then facebook. After starting facebook I thought it was great and so fun.. but then the initial meet up with everyone wore off and I am back to my blog mostly. I still facebook, but I love my blog and the friends I have made through it.

Rachel McEwen said...

my blog is neglected....

The Hardy's said...

It is just 'more work' for us to do. Must we add ONE more thing to our already mile-long to-do list?

Mopsie said...

Love the blog. Bored by FB. So there.

K. D. Montgomery said...

I'm so glad I am not the only one who feels that way. I like what is written on my blog more. But FB is much easier. Just so you know, your blog is much more interesting. I love reading how your family is doing.