Monday, November 12, 2007

We went on a date!

Finally. Our last one outing together to do something fun was our anniversary trip to the Bombay House! I know, I know, that's bad. Bryce and I have season tickets to the UNLV theater company (as you know, I used our tickets last month to take Mary to "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie"). This is the first time we've been together, and the play was called "The Heiress", based on the novel "Washington Square" by Henry James. It was in the Black Box theater that I went with the other time, so it was very small and intimate. The acting was great and the story psychologically compelling. Bryce and I loved it. I love being out with Bryce. He is fun and smart and he always makes me laugh.

Then we went to dinner at Pei Wei. If you can find a recipe for their spicy chicken salad, please let me know. I would make that every single day for the rest of my life.

When we returned home, I was reminded of why I have so much anxiety about going out in the first place. I don't want to say that the kids were "bad" but one of them was particularly wild and hard to keep track of (as in, "I'm going to my friend's house" hard to keep track of). The babysitter was so very nice and enthusiastic and wants to babysit again, so either she's a saint or she doesn't know that these antics are just the tip of the iceberg. Her name is Ceara (like Sierra) and she actually came up to me at church after we spoke a few weeks ago and begged to watch our kids for us. She even wants to come over just to visit and hang out (and she can drive herself). That's fine with me. I told the wild child that I would get Ceara to watch the other kids and get a mean old lady to watch him/her.

1 comment:

brooklyn said...

What fun! What a great, great idea to have season tickets to the theatre! Glad you enjoyed it and glad you have such a willing babysitter--those are hard to come by.