Monday, November 5, 2007

Big news admist some regular goings-on

I taught YW on Sunday as a guest speaker and I have mixed emotions on that. First of all, I really love the youth and love to be with them whenever possible. But second, I have a calling in the Primary and I felt really, really guilty leaving my post that third hour. If I'm ever asked to do something like that again I'm going to have to say no, because I can't stretch myself that thin and feel good about it.

The best part of teaching YW was that I asked Bryce to come with me and talk on Elder Scott's talk called Realize Your Full Potential. Bryce was awesome. Seriously, I was blown away. He is so good with the youth. *I* was bawling my eyes out and I already knew everything he was going to say!

Today I took Sara and Mary to the pottery-painting place and the girls had a blast. Sara chose a fairy and Mary chose a sand castle to paint. I made a little ornament. After that I asked Sara where she wanted to go for lunch and she chose McDonald's. I let the girls play for a while before we called it a day.

Guess what. We got a higher offer from the same person(s) who made the initial low-ball offer. It's $10K more, which is still less than we wanted to net, but here's the deal: housing prices continue to slide and NOBODY has looked at our house lately. So we will counter with a higher price and see what happens [other text deleted which was way more interesting but possibly imprudent]

Tyce moved from regular science to honors science last week, on the recommendation of his teacher. I think he's pretty pleased about that.

My book club is this week at Carmen's house, where we discuss A Tale of Two Cities. I need to put my nose to the grindstone to get that read. Every time I start to read (and it's not a light, quick read) I say to myself, Wow, I'm really tired . . . and I put it down. I think I'm on page, ummmm, 20.

Now I'm working on my Sesame newsletter on Thanksgiving, due tomorrow (of course). I think that once in the 7 years I've been writing I've finished something before the deadline.

1 comment:

Kimpromptu said...

Good going, Tyce! That's what your aunt Kim likes to see!