Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Our family had a great time visiting Grandma Judy and Grandpa Al in Utah. We also enjoyed spending time with Betsie, Andy, Kess and Kira, as well as their foster girls. The Thanksgiving meal was awesome, filled with delicious food made by all us "girls." Our kids enjoyed playing with their kids. It's always nice to spend time with family.

We usually do a Thanksgiving tree in our family (blessings written on construction paper leaves hanging from branches). But since we traveled this year and our other Family Home Evenings were used up on other activities we didn't. I missed that. Here is a list of some things I'm thankful for:

1. Positive attitudes. I love when people are positive. As Bryce will tell you, I really value friendliness. When I meet someone, if they have a quick smile and a positive disposition, I'm going to like them. Positive people see the good in a situation and in a person. I love sincere compliments (to others . . . or to myself) because they show a person's ability to look outside themselves and see something of worth in someone else. I have a lot of positive people in my life and I am soooooooo thankful for them. My good friends and my family--especially my children--exemplify a positive and friendly nature. Hooray for being happy!

2. The gospel of Jesus Christ. Everything I do, think, or say is influenced by my testimony that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World and through his infinite Atonement I can be cleansed from my sins and attain eternal life. Through the power of the Holy Ghost I am guided and led to do God's will. I know that our children were led to us, for example, and I am grateful for how my life has turned out so far.

3. My family. Of course. I think it would be obvious by now that I think my husband and kids are pretty special. I am thankful for each and every person in our household, for their different talents and personalities. I love my extended family so much. My parents are two of my best friends in the world.

4. Return to normalcy. For the moment. We spent a year thinking about moving, then getting the house ready to sell, then moving, then putting the old house on the market, and finally . . . selling it. Oh, I can't tell you how grateful I am for that!!!!

5. Our new house. It is awesome. It's pretty much perfect for us. And now I can enjoy it knowing that we don't have ties to two properties. I am soooooo thankful for the space we have now and for the funds that enabled us to buy it.

6. Bryce's job. He loves it and he works with amazing, talented, generous people. Our whole family is blessed because he has job satisfaction.

Well, I am thankful for many, many more things but these are the major ones. I know that all my blessings come through the grace of God and I hope I always show gratitude for what I have instead of pining for what I don't.

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

you are a good person rebecca.

i love knowing that you guys are so happy in your beautiful new home.

Rebecca and Co. said...

Thanks, Brookie! It will be great to have you here at Christmas.