Thursday, December 22, 2011

Just Checking In

Winter Break...kids home. But the best part so far was that my parents came to visit for five days! They got to see me sing in sacrament meeting and perform with Tyce in our community choir. I'm 37 years old and there's nothing that makes me more proud than to have my mom and dad smiling at me while I'm on stage. We also did some fun things out and about (which I will show you later) and played games. Ah, I wish we lived closer...after they leave Texas seems even farther away.

Today I'm attempting to bake again. I made one of my best recipes yesterday, sugar cookies, and because I was counting on them to turn out....they betrayed me. Thanks a lot, tough pale blobs. I think I mis-measured the flour or something. Today I'm making bar cookies only. I have faith and confidence that I will have little plates of treats to share by Christmas Eve.

Tomorrow I am having lunch with Jen and Rebecca S. because a girl's gotta have some time with her friends. Friday can't come soon enough, you know?

The twins have been kept in line by threats of ending up on the Naughty List. Thank goodness for that!





No comments: