Thursday, July 26, 2007

Churchy Chuckles

On Sunday we sat in the way back of the chapel overflow due to Troy Steadman's homecoming from his mission in Chicago. The kids were pretty good, fairly quiet, and not running around. Cameron only has one volume though (loud) so when I say fairly quiet, I mean he didn't happen to be talking. When the sacrament bread came around I gave Cameron a piece. He held it for a second, then said, (shouted), "I don't want to eat a bread right now. Maybe later." I whispered, "You can just eat it real fast. Think about Jesus, and how much he loves you, okay?" Then Cameron said, (shouted), "This bread is Jesus? You want me to eat the Jesus? Mom, you want me to eat the Jesus right now?" I tried whispering to him to be quiet, but the more I talked the more he talked (shouted) "eat the Jesus" until he finally lost interest in the subject. That's good, because I almost took him out because people were starting to turn around.

Then later when I went to pick up the twins from nursery, my friend Tina told me this story. Her 8-year-old son was in for a baptismal interview with the Bishop.

Bishop: Alex, what would you say if I offered you drugs or beer?

Alex: (Thoughtfully) No to drugs, yes to beer.

As you can imagine, Tina wanted to die. I laughed so hard that day.

5 comments:

brooklyn said...

LOL! Hilarious! Cameron is rad.

Mopsie said...

Your ward is really going to miss all y'all! Who will keep sac mtg interesting??? Love those kids!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I would sit behind the Joneses on any given Sunday! Sure to be more entertaining than the high council speaker :)

Vigoren Family said...

I love how literal kids are. They're so fun and an entertaining way to get through church. I love the Primary. I get to hear goofy stuff every week. Yesterday, we made fruit shish-kabobs as a healthy treat idea for FHE. One four year old girl said, "We eat TREATS for Family Home Evening, not healthy snacks!"

Rebecca and Co. said...

Yes, kids certainly make life more interesting! In the back-back of the chapel, people are very tolerant of kids. In the front, not so much. Kellie, I liked your FHE story.