Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Night with Friends

One of my longest and dearest friends, Carmen, invited us to join her anniversary celebration by seeing our mutual friend Mike Masse' sing at a lounge in Mandalay Bay. Mike was in our apartment complex at BYU, an excellent musician then and even better now.

The Joneses with Carmen and Alex.

Two drink minimum for these teetotalers means $5 Dr Peppers and cranberry juices.

We loved his music--covers of songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and today. His voice is just beautiful. We bought his CD and and the whole family has enjoyed listening to Mike as we do errands.

We can't wait for him to make it big. He's that good.
I always enjoy spending time with Carmen and Alex. It was great to catch up with them. I joked that I was on a date with my BF and my BFF and while Bryce does fit the bill for both of those there's nothing like hanging out with a girl I've known over half my life. So glad she invited us to spend her anniversary with them.

Great night, great music, great friends.




No comments: