1. We made God's Eyes. I intended this craft for the twins but Tyce and Mary made as many or more than they did. In fact, Mary used an entire skein of yarn herself. I think Tyce took a bunch of stuff to his room so he wouldn't have to share. In crafts as in snacks, it's every man for himself.
|Only a sampling--they made many more.|
2. Tyce started his job at Albertsons at a courtesy clerk. He bags groceries, sweeps floors, and gathers shopping carts from outside. He was a total punk about getting his picture taken but I wanted to document his first day as a real working man.
|Trying to keep his face out of the picture.|
|Walking in to the store on his first day.|
3. Bryce had a low-key birthday. A highlight was the challenge Mary and Bella issued to him: A Mario Kart Championship race.
|You will notice that #3 says Isabella Smith (your favorite daughter). Hehe. The disclaimer at the end states: Withdrawl before the races are over will result in immediate execution.|
4. During chores the boys wore some of my aprons one day. I thought they were so cute!
|If you're going to clean you might as well look pretty.|
5. Mary was creative. Here are just a few things she did.
|A disturbing, meant-to-be-funny dark poem called "Dead People".|
|The logo she created for our upcoming Santa Run team. The red-caped reindeer are Mary and I, Vixen and Dancer.|
6. Bryce took Mary on a Daddy-Daughter trip to Disneyland!!!!!!
|Pretty girl in the parking lot. She lost my hat though on a ride.|
|Classic! Splash Mountain was one of their favorites. Notice, no hat. Hm.|
|The next day they went to the beach. Both Bryce and Mary were in their element. They were made to live by the sea. And yes, she is wearing her red cape.|
7. Tyce and I went to Les Miserables at the Smith Center. Awesome as expected.
|Our view from wayyyy up there.|
|People kept thinking Tyce worked there!|
8. Cub Scout Day Camp was a blast. I got to go every day and hang out with my favorite Cubs. They learned about animals, the environment, knot-tying, citizenship, and teamwork. Favorite activities were archery and bb guns. The last day was a huge fun day with a rock wall, a maze (which was creepy and made me feel claustrophobic just thinking about it), and rocket launching.
|Cameron on the wall!|
|Check out how high that is. Cam didn't make it all the way but he did great.|
9. The Prices came for a visit! And while they were here Kira had a birthday.
|Birthday girl--7 years old.|
|She had a giant cookie for a cake. Happy Birthday, sweet girl!|
|Cam with the play dough.|
|Harrison, the never-normal-for-a-picture poser.|
|Look at that gack!|
So that's a good overview of what we did. Now we're back to the school routine and I'm missing those carefree days already. Goodbye, Summer! Come back again soon!