Monday, September 10, 2012

It was WICKED!

Last week we got to see the play everyone had been buzzing about for months: Wicked. It was everything we'd hoped it would be and more: the sets! the costumes! the singing!!!! It was fabulous. I'd see it 20 more times before it leaves if I could.


Bryce got tickets for the big kids and ourselves but Mary was being Mary and refused to go at the last minute. So Tyce knew exactly who to invite: his friend Johnnie who had said earlier in choir, "Tyce, I hate you so much for going to Wicked without me." Half an hour before we had to leave Tyce called him and said, "Well, Johnnie, this is your lucky day." I think Johnnie may have fainted.

Outside the Smith Center before it started.

The boys.

Not only were we treated to an amazing performance but the company was top notch as well. I would have preferred for Mary to come but Johnnie was truly delightful--so appreciative and so excited that it was a joy to have him along. Both he and Tyce picked apart the musical scene by scene on the way home, singing their favorite parts and vowing to make everyone jealous at school the next day.

Mary had a lovely night herself. She stayed with our evening's babysitter, Chelsea, and the two of them had a wonderful time playing Mario Kart.

For all of us the night was awesome, it was magical, it was memorable, it was . . . wicked.


2 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

I can't wait to see it again, especially since I have all the songs memorized, and I'm sure I sound the same as kristen Chenowith. And Mary Mary quite contrary, has she show remorse? LOL don't you love the minds of their own. I find myself saying "this is a privilige, be happy, in my day..." I had purchased the tickets last time and then read the book. I was mortified, the book to me was horrible, but I went ahead and went to the show and I'm so glad I did, since it so different and way better.

Rebecca and Co. said...

Oh girl, I literally LOL'd because I'm sure you sound JUST like Kristen Chenowith! Same as me, haha. Mary doesn't know what she missed so she shows no remorse. She knows the songs but has no idea of how awesome the production was. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, you know.

I agree, the book was trash. In fact, I threw my copy in the garbage can so no one else could read it. I'm glad they didn't feel the need to include *everything* from the book in the musical because the musical was family friendly and amazing.