I don't have paragraphs-worth of things to say lately, I guess. Bryce said my last post was too tame, that I needed to confess something way better. Unfortunately I don't have a criminal past or a secret life so my options are limited to my suburban housewife existence. But I will dig a little deeper this time...but don't hate me for what I am about to reveal.
1. I voted for Obama. And since Bryce coaxed me to open this Pandora's box, so did he. There. Two life-long conservatives voted Democrat in the last election. In the voting booth I felt sassy and rebellious, like a bad girl about to get a tattoo against her parents' wishes. It was intoxicating.
(Let's be fair. We all knew that whoever was elected in 2008 was inheriting a million problems and a broken Congress.Will I vote for him again? I guess that depends on whether or not he faces off with my man Mitt. It's too early to tell.)
2. I faithfully DVR the show on Lifetime called Dance Moms. It is the ultimate train wreck and I can't get enough of it. I even told Bryce, "On Wednesday morning I got a little thrill when I realized I had a new episode to watch today." I would not normally flaunt this information but for you . . . well, you are special.
3. I hate it when people with differing opinions call you judgmental for judging them when they are also, by saying that, judging you?
4. It bugs me so bad when people fish for sympathy.
5. This isn't a confession but yesterday when I went to wake Mary for school she blurted out, " They're trying to barbecue me from every side!" Oh, boy, what goes on in that girl's brain should be made into a movie.
6. Sometimes I don't want to be an ambassador for adoption. Truth be told, sometimes I even forget my kids are adopted. And sometimes I think of all the tangled problems and issues we have and think, oh my, I'm not the person you want to talk to right now.
7. This may sound weird but I'm not a fan of the cutesy-ness and trendiness of cupcakes. Too presh.
8. I like to watch the A&E show Hoarders because it motivates me to clean my house and get rid of stuff. But lately the people have been so mentally ill that it makes me kind of sick (physically) to watch it. Mainly it strengthens my resolve to never own cats.
9. When I was a kid learning about Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King, Jr. in school, I totally wished I was black so I could be part of that amazing legacy.
10. I love singing and sometimes think I might be good enough to join the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Sometimes.
That's about it for today. It's been busy here as usual. Tonight Bryce, Tyce, and the Teachers' quorum are going on a hike. The twins are going to a friend's house and two of Mary's friends are coming over to ours. It will be quite a change to to have the girl house! I am trying to fight an annoying runny-nose cold (as is everyone else in the family). At least the kids have Katie to lick their faces clean--it's disgusting but admittedly helpful.