Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Roller Coaster

Wednesday was a very hard day, and Thursday was not much better. I alluded to that last week.

The plummet.

But the weekend was fabulous. Sunday was one of the best days I've had in months. Maybe the best day I've had all year. The kids were all wonderful, church was great, I got to hang out with my friend Maia (who is being baptized on Saturday, along with two of her boys, Kyler and Konner), we played Settlers with the family and Kyler, and just ended the night happy.

Exhilarating upswing!


Monday was a pretty good day. I have Memorial Day pictures to share later.

Still doing fine.

But Tuesday was one of the worst days we've had here in a long time. Different child, different problem, but that same gut-wrenching anxiety in dealing with it all. And I'm not talking run-of-the-mill issues; these were serious matters with long-term consequences.

And . . . down again, painfully fast.

Then this morning I got a call from Mary (I had just gotten in the minivan after seminary, which was 7:20 a.m.). She said, "Mom, we have a surprise for you. All of us are dressed with our teeth brushed and we're ready for school!"

If you know Mary, you know that getting up and getting where she needs to be is one of her BIGGEST problems in life.

That never happens--I can hardly get her awake by 8:30 most mornings. Bryce texted me to say the children were being delightful, and when I got back from the grocery store they were happy and even wanted to walk to school.

Adding to that, Tyce taught his seminary class (with Bryce's guidance) and he did a great job.

Going up.

Lately there's very little "neutral" around here. Either we're in a state of crisis or a state of bliss. One day I'm going to have a heart attack from the adrenaline rushes both ways. That, or just throw up.

Ups and down, twists and turns--I'm pretty sure I'm never getting off this thing so I'd better get used to hanging on.



1 comment:

Jenn said...

I understand that. I just pray for the days that everything is status quo and hope for the days when something will go right