Sunday, November 15, 2009

Short Visit, Fun Times

This week my dad had a convention at the South Point. In a fortuitous set of circumstances, my brother ALSO had a convention here this week, at Mandalay Bay. So we met on Thursday at the MGM for dinner and the Cirque du Soleil show "KA."






This was David and my dad's first time seeing KA, and my second. It was spectacular.



This is my dad and my brother David. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, eh? David treated us to dinner and it was great to spend time with two of my favorite people in the world.


Which is scarier: serious siblings . . .



. . . or crazy ones?


David and the Pharoah = BFF.



Going my way?


David stayed at his hotel that night and returned home to his girls the next morning. But my dad stayed until Saturday! He did a home repair project (the patio table that Harrison pounded with a croquet mallet) and changed my outside lightbulbs. (Thank you, Dad!)

He also got to spend time with the kids. He read library books to the twins and even Tyce was intrigued by the pirate story. After school he said, "So where's that book? I need to find out what happens at the end." Ha!



We went to the park on Saturday. Mary even got Grandpa to play the board game "Sorry" with her--and Grandpa never plays games. He even won! So maybe we can persuade him to play again.


The best thing about living here is having visitors. Viva Las Vegas!


3 comments:

Emmy said...

Grandparents are the best!

brooklyn said...

yay! it makes me happy to see david with people he loves best. (and ya'll make quite a good-looking crew.)

Mopsie said...

What a handsome family!
(I think I prefer crazy, though I love y'all every which way.) I'm jealous, but glad you got to spend time together.