Monday, December 24, 2012

You Have A Place

My last teaching day of seminary I talked about some of Jesus' many miracles, per our lesson in Luke. I ended by having the kids read this quote while I presented the book "The Crippled Lamb" by Max Lucado:

"The same God that placed that star in a precise orbit millennia before it appeared over Bethlehem in celebration of the birth of the Babe has given at least equal attention to the placement of each of us in precise human orbits so that we may, if we will, illuminate lives, so that our light may not only lead others but warm them as well."

--Neal A. Maxwell


We were born at the time, place, and circumstance that would enable us to meet the people, to experience events that will make us who we were meant to become. Haven't you ever noticed that certain circumstances seemed tailored for your personal growth? So many times I've marveled that others have stepped in at the right place, at the right time, to be angels in my life; saving me, comforting me, helping me, or lifting me when I would have otherwise been alone. Surely our Heavenly Father delights in His children doing as Elder Maxwell said, letting our light so shine that we lead and warm those around us. I have been led and warmed and especially at the Christmas season, I am grateful and mindful of that. I am also supremely grateful for The One who led perfectly and warms perfectly, whose birth we celebrate and whose life we adore.


1 comment:

Mopsie said...

Beautifully said, and I agree.