Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Love Language

In the Marriage and Family Relations Sunday School class on Sunday, the McDonalds handed out an assessment. It was to determine which of the five "love languages" we use to express and interpret love.

Of the countless ways we can show love to one another, five key categories, or five love languages, proved to be universal and comprehensive—everyone has a love language, and we all identify primarily with one of the five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch.

Bryce was home with a sick child. I took the quiz and then came home to tell him about it. However, we got interrupted and so I told him he'd have to guess what my love language was.

Anyway, today he sent me a text that said, "You are superwoman and I love you". I called him later and said, "Thanks for that text! I suppose I should tell you that you have figured out my love language, which is Words of Affirmation. Good job."

Bryce said, "What? Sorry, I wasn't listening."

And then he laughed and laughed. Oh boy, he thinks he's funny.

1 comment:

Silver Strands said...

I think he's funny too :)